- 26-Apr-20: Added GRO Loveluck Deaths 1837 to 2007 to the Loveluck Records page.
- 23-Apr-20: Added GRO Loveluck Marriages 1837 to 2007 to the Loveluck Records page.
- 22-Apr-20: Added GRO Loveluck Births 1837 to 2007 to the Loveluck Records page.
- 21-Jan-20: The Loveluck Web site is now over 20 years old, and was beginning to show it's age, in terms of layout and style, so a facelift was undertaken. The new design, and in particular the navigation bar, is also more accessible to those using tablets or smartphones to access the Internet. At the same time, some cleanup operations were undertaken, in particular the repair of a number of broken links.
- 12-Apr-16: The
descendant tree for the Glamorgan - Loveluck Line was updated, to make it consistent with the
corresponding gedcom file on the Kiwitrees site. The tree
includes 2259 individuals (of whom 395 are Lovelucks).
- 23-Feb-13: Switched to using Kiwitrees (instead of PhpGedView) to explore the Loveluck database, due to problems with PhpGedView.
- 1-Feb-13: Added a number of records, provided by Graham Lovelock, to the Lovelocks in Glamorgan page. The records were extracted from the FamilySearch and findmypast web sites, and concern the following parishes:
Aberavon, Baglan, Bettws, Cardiff, Coity, Coychurch, Laleston, Llangynwyd, Llantwit Major, Merthyr Dyfen, Merthyr Tydfil, Newcastle, Nolton, Pyle & Kenfig, Swansea, Tythegston and Wick.
- 24-Nov-11: Amended the
collections of census records for Glamorgan as
- Reformatted some of the files in order to have a uniform
- Included, where possible, an indication of which of the
census entries are relevant to the
Glamorgan Loveluck Line (indicated by the flag GL), and also flagged
other entries (by Ly) relevant to the 'Lyneham Lovelock Line', which
has a Glamorgan branch; some entries have a question mark, indicating
uncertainty about their assignment.
- The 1881 file previously covered all of Wales. It is now
restricted to Glamorgan and two entries for Carmarthenshire and one for
Flintshire were removed. One of the records for Carmarthenshire (Ffald,
Llangunnock) was moved to the file of 1881
Census Returns for
Miscellaneous Counties on the Lovelock
web site; the other two
records were already included
in this file.
- Reformatted some of the files in order to have a uniform presentaiton
- 17-Sep-11: The
descendant tree for the Glamorgan
Loveluck Line was updated to reflect the changes made on the
PhpGedView site since the time it was last updated on 3-Nov-08. The tree now includes
2243 individuals (of which 393 are Lovelucks), whereas the previous
version had 2178 individuals (of which 393 were Lovelucks).
- 24-Mar-10: Two records from FreeReg for
Swansea St Mary, provided by
Graham Lovelock, were added to the
Lovelocks in Glamorgan collection
- 3-Nov-08: Made a fairly
large number of changes to the Loveluck database. As usual, the
updated gedcom file can be browsed using Kiwitrees.
tree for John Lovelock (1740-1803) has also been updated.
- 28-Jun-08: Added more
details concerning the descendants of Francis &
Abigail TURPIN with some information provided by Ron Davies and
some extracts from parish registers and Bishop's transcripts from the
For details see the What's New page on the PGV site.
- 1-Jun-08: Added a list
in Ships' Passenger Lists 1950 - 1960 to the Shipping Records page. This lists was
compiled by Graham Lovelock.
- 30-May-08: Entered additional information provided by Andrés Loveluck concerning the children and descendants of William LOVELUCK ( 1844-1909) and Agnes McPHERSON:
- Details for death of Juan LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I508] and image of death cert.
- Details of birth, death and burial of Jessie LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I509] and image of death cert
- Details for death of Agnes LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I507]
- Details of birth, death and burial of Guillermo LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I510] and image of birth cert
- Details of birth and death of Mary LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I511] and image of death cert
- Details of birth and death of Carlos LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I512] and image of death cert
- Details of birth, death and burial of Santiago LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I514] and image of death cert
- Details of birth and death of Maria Rosa LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I513] and image of birth cert
- Unlinked Juana Luisa LOVELUCK [I2064] as daughter of William LOVELUCK [I493] & Agnes McPHERSON and linked her as daughter of Juan LOVELUCK MacPHERSON [I508] and Unknown mother; added birth details and image of birth certificate, which confirms these details.
- Added Teresa LOVELUCK [I2073] as another daughter of the above Juan LOVELUCK MacPHERSON, together with details of birth and death and image of birth cert.
- Added dates of birth for children of above Juan LOVELUCK MacPHERSON and spouse Elcira NUÑEZ
- Added a number of additional photos for various individuals.
- 30-Apr-08: Added
transcripts of the birth certificate of Agnes McPHERSON (
1857-1948) and of the marriage certificate of her parents, Alexander
McPHERSON and Jessie CRIBBES (see 5-Mar-08).
Corrected the accents on names of the Chilean Lovelucks.
Entered additional information provided by Andrés Loveluck:
- Approximate date of birth of Jessie LOVELUCK McPHERSON ( 1885-1976) from her age (91) at her death in 1976.
- Approximate date of birth of Rosa LOVELUCK McPHERSON ( 1905-1976) from her age (71) at her death in 1976.
- Approximate date of birth of Santiago LOVELUCK McPHERSON ( 1894-1977) from his age (83) at his death in 1977.
- Details of the death of William LOVELUCK ( 1844-1909) on 2 June 1909, together with copy of Santiago cemetery record.
- Details of additional daughter of William LOVELUCK and Agnes
McPHERSON - Juana Luisa LOVELUCK ( 1903-1905).
- 31-Mar-08: Added lists
in Ships' Passenger Lists 1930 - 1939 and Loveluck
in Ships' Passenger Lists 1940 - 1949 to the Shipping Records page. These lists were
compiled by Graham Lovelock.
- 5-Mar-08: Corrected the
date of birth of Agnes McPHERSON ( 1857-1948) spouse of William
LOVELUCK ( 1844-c1903) and added copy of birth certificate as
source record. Also entered marriage 5 Jul 1850 at Edinburgh for
parents of Agnes, Alexander McPHERSON and Jessie CRIBBES, together with
copy of marriage record from OPR. Entered on Kiwitrees site.
- In making the changes described below (11-Oct-07) concerning the ancestors of Glynford JOHN and Mary Izod LOVELUCK, I inadvertently introduced duplicates individuals into the database for William LOVELUCK (1793-1857) , his spouse Isod THOMAS (1786-1867) and the latter's parents. I have now eliminated the duplicates, and the links below to the corresponding individuals have been corrected, together with the UIDs (numbers in square brackets).
- Added a note concerning Edward LOVELUCK ( 1869-1952) as the individual appearing in a newspaper article from the Western Mail, April 1915, sent to the GLAMORGAN-L mailing list by John Patrick. Also added a second article sent by John Patrick via Ron Davies. Also added 1881, 1891 and 1901 census records for Edward, his parents and for several siblings, together with the 1901 census record for Edward's spouse Jane née JOHN, provided by Ron Davis.
- 11-Oct-07: The following changes were made to the Loveluck database. As usual, the updated gedcom file can be browsed using Kiwitrees. The descendant tree for John Lovelock (1740-1803) has also been updated.
- Following correspondence with Lynne Davis, the following additions were made concerning the family of Ann LOVELUCK ( 1803-?):
- Entered FreeBMD record of death Mar 1840 of spouse William
Added note with probable 1841 census return for Ann and children
- Entered children of Ann LOVELUCK ( 1803-?) & William GUBBINS as per 1841, 1851, 1861 census records provided by Lynne Davis.
- Entered 2nd marriage of Ann GUBBINGS (née LOVELUCK) to Daniel THOMAS 7 Oct 1850 (copy of marriage cert provided by Lynne Davis). Also entered parents, William & Anne GUBBINS, and siblings of William GUBBINS, obtained from Margam St Mary PR
- Following letter from Lynne Davis, added note about 1881 and 1891 census records which seem to correspond to children of Margaret née LOVELUCK ( 1857-?), who married (1) Thomas Richard GRIFFITHS and (2) (John?) THOMAS. However, some details remain unconfirmed, so the children's names have not been entered.
- Entered details of deaths etc. for Joseph Raeburn (Bernie) DOHERTY and spouse Lolita Pearl, née HUNDEN ( 1932-2007), from obituaries provided by Lynne Davis
- Following an email exchange with Michael Jones, added connections between Glynford JOHN ( 1926-1998) & Mary Izod LOVELUCK ( 1931-1987) and their common gg grandparents Robert JOHN ( 1799-?) & Catherine REES ( 1806 -?). Used additional data provided earlier by Ann Willis to fill in some of the details of the connection, and also to make the connection to Isod/Isold THOMAS ( 1786-1867), who married William LOVELUCK ( 1793 - 1857). (One of the children of Robert and Catherine JOHN was Catherine JOHN ( 1830-1890) who married William THOMAS ( 1831-?) whose father William THOMAS was the brother of Isod/Isold THOMAS).
- Added 1901 census record to family of William Griffith LOVELUCK ( 1860-1939) and Mary Ann HOWELL. Deduced that the latter was a daughter of Rees HOWELL ( 1835-1910) and Elizabeth POWELL ([1728, 1837-1884, dau of Rees (c) POWELL and Mary THOMAS). This connection was confirmed by Ron Davies.
- 29-Sep-07: Added a list of Loveluck entries in Ships' Passenger Lists 1920 - 1929 to the Shipping Records page. This list was compiled by Graham Lovelock.
- 1-Jun-07: Added a list of Loveluck entries in Ships' Passenger Lists 1890 - 1919 to the Shipping Records page. This list was compiled by Graham Lovelock.
- 13-May-07: The following changes were made to the Loveluck database. As usual, the updated gedcom file can be browsed using Kiwitrees. The descendant tree for John Lovelock (1740-1803) has also been updated.
- More additions to Marendaz family:
- For Donald MK MARENDAZ( 1897-1988) entered names of spouse Dorothy Robinet EVANS, and 3 daughters, as provided by Don Summers
- Following email messages from Anton McLoughlin:
- Entered 2nd marriage of Henrietta Sarah née PICKERING ( 1847-?), children of this marriage and 1881 census record
- Entered baptism date and names of parents of Edward Thomas TOWNSEND ( 1819-?), spouse of Catherine Anne MARENDAZ ( 1824-1858)
- Entered marriage of Richard Greville F MARENDAZ ( 1897-1988) to Doris HERBERT
- Entered GRO details of marriage of Grace Elizabeth MARENDAZ ( 1899-1963) to John Lee POUNDER
- Idem for marr of Lillian MARENDAZ ( 1904-?) and Lesley HEWITSON
- Entered 1871 census record for Sefton Llewellyn MARENDAZ ( 1835-1871) and family
- Entered GRO refs for birth, marraiage (to Miriam G.R. JAMES) and death of Rupert Stuart S. MARENDAZ () son of Richard Emmanuel MARENDAZ & Ada KELWAY
- Some time ago (see 'What's New' file 1 Apr 06) I had identified the spouse of David Emmanuel MARENDAZ ( b abt 1826) as Catherine JOSEPH; Ron Davies investigated the connections of the latter with other JOSEPHs in his tree, and in particular the John JOSEPH b.1808 (who married Jehoshaphat POWELL's daughter Rachel POWELL) and Thomas JOSEPH b.1797, who married Anne POWELL (daughter of William P. of Eglwys Nynydd). I have now copied the corresponding details of the JOSEPH family from Ron's Web site.
- Copied from Ron Davies' Web site details of some SANDERS family individuals which I did not previously have, including:
- John Edmonds SANDERS and Frances SANDERS, son and dau of Edmund SANDERS ( 1767-?) and Frances EDMONDS
- Additional details concerning the children of William Henry KING ( 1839-1925) and Elizabeth Horsley SANDERS ( 1838-1916); some of this information was provided by Trish Davey
- Additional details concerning the descendants of Thomas Edmonds SANDERS ( 1846-1905) and Louisa CLARK, including information provided by Trish Davey and Andrew Stevenson
- Entered additional details for some members of Turpin family, from Ron Davies' Web site (mainly Mis) and descendant tree from Patricia Davey:
- Exact dates of death and details of MI for John TURPIN ( 1736-1756) and Francis TURPIN ( 1730-1809), sons of William & Elizabeth TURPIN
- Entered Elizabeth Williams dau of Mary Saftesbury TURPIN ( 1734-1770) from descendant tree for Francis Turpin provided by Trish Davey
- Cleaned up place names so that they are of the form acceptable for the Kiwitrees googlemap utility: town, county, country
- Entered additional details for the descendants of Charles Frederick DAVEY ( 1850-1915) and Mary Isod SANDERS ( 1849-1926) as provided by Patricia Davey
- 3-May-07: Added complete collections of Loveluck/Lovelock census records for 1871, 1891 and 1901 for Glamorgan. These collections were provided by Graham Lovelock and are linked to the Census Records page.
- 6-Mar-07: The following changes were made to the Loveluck database. As usual, the updated gedcom file can be browsed using Kiwitrees. The descendant tree for John Lovelock (1740-1803) has also been updated.
- Entered details of family of Yvonne Lucille Loveluck ( dau of Howell Ronald Llewelyn Loveluck & Margot Lewis) provided by Yvonne Reeves and daughter Susan (Brinkley Hodge) Reeves
- Entered details from immigration record for William Henry Loveluck ( b 4Q 1871), sailed Southampton to New York on 2 Apr 1926. Obtained from Ancestry.com immigration records.
- Following an email message from John Dixon, corrected date of birth for Minnie Catherine John ( spouse of Edward Loveluck 1879-1955) and added FreeBMD ref for birth, GRO ref for death (from Ancestry)
- Entered marriage details for Gwilym D Bradley Loveluck ( 1943-) and Lorna J Hanbury and for birth of son Dewi Rhys Loveluck. Info obtained from GRO BMD index 1984-2004 on Ancestry. Note that previously had surname of spouse as Jones, corrected to Hanbury (Jones is middle name?)
- Following email message from Don Summers entered year of death of Ada Frances Marendaz, née Kelway ( 1871-1968), together with GRO record of her death 4Q 1968 Caerleon RD, MON. Entered GRO death records for DMK Marendaz ( 1897-19880 and Richard Greville F. Marendaz ( 1897-1988).
- Following an email message from Amalia Loveluck, corrected surname of Amalia Fernandez-Velarde Carreras ( - previously was Carrasco), and added a note with more details about her father Guillermo Loveluck
- Following email exchange with Anton McGloughlin,
- Added 1861 census record for Richard Thomas ( abt 1801-?) and family, including gd-daughter Catherine (Powell) Marendaz.
- Added exact date and place of birth for Edward Thomas ( 1878-1917)
- Added 1851 census record for David E Marendaz ( 1826-?) and family (missed this earlier because they were recorded as Maunday)
- Entered Catherine Powell Marendaz dau of William Powell Marendaz ( 1828-1895) and Sarah Thomas, together with her marriage to John Gilmour Calderwood, and their descendants.
- Entered children of Sarah Ann Marendaz ( 1860-?) and Thomas Jenkins
- Entered the forename (Thomas) of Jenkins, husband of Mary Ann Marendaz ( 1839-?) and also GRO ref for this marriage.
- Changed surname of spouse Rebecca of Sefton Llewellyn Marendaz ( 1835-1871) from James to Jenkins (as per FreeBMD and Anton McGloughlin's gedcom file)
- Added second daughter Sarah Ann of above couple.
- Added daughter Edith Henrietta Marendaz of George David Marendaz ( 1839-1874) and Henrietta Pickering
- Entered full details of 1851 census record for household of Margaret Betterton, née Powell ( 1803-?) including nephew Francis Marendaz, son of Margaret's sister Catherine, who marr david Emmanuel Marendaz.
- Entered 1871 census record for Jennet Loveluck ( abt 1842 - ?) living in Kent. Also added the complete 1861 record (previously just had a note about it)
- Following email exchanges with Andrew Stevenson, added wife Louisa Clark of Thomas Edmund Sanders ( 1846-?) together with descendants of this couple. Also entered 1881 and 1901 census records for this family. Also added some relevant GRO records from FreeBMD. Thanks to Trish Davey for putting us in contact.
- 4-Dec-06: Added or updated a number of pages providing an introduction to the material on the web site, including:
- The Home Page, which now includes a statement about the purpose of the web site, a brief introduction to the Lovelucks in Glamorgan, and some notes about the organisation of the web site
- A note about the The Loveluck Name and Origins. This is linked to the following documents:
- Variants on the Loveluck Surname, compiled by Robert Sterry from research by Gwen Eastment and Janet Hearle
- Historical background of the name Lovelock, by Janet Hearle (née Loveluck)
The Loveluck Web pages were moved to www.loveluck.net
Some changes were made when transferring the pages, including:
- The Ahn Applet and Web pages for each individual were removed in favour of the Kiwitrees software utility.
- The HouseSpider search tool was removed.
- Links on a number of pages to information concerning various individuals was modified to point to the relevant individual in the Kiwitrees database
The Glamorgan Lovelucks database was updated 1-Nov-06. The main changes
concern the Powell
There are a number of links between the Loveluck and Powell families,
and while some of the individuals directly concerned were already in my
database, the connections between the different members of the Powell
family were not all included. This has now been corrected, links
between the different individuals have been established, and new
entries made where appropriate. Many thanks to Ron Davies, who provided
the information concerning the Powell family members. More extensive
information about the Powell family, and the links to the Davies and
other families, can be found on Ron Davies' Web
I have also added information and copies of documents concerning the
will of Mary
Richards (née Loveluck,  1825-1895) and a GRO
reference for the marriage of Elizabeth's brother Thomas
Loveluck ( 1823-1876) and Sarah Bowen. My thanks to Denis
Rawlinson who provided this material.
Following email exchanges with Ron Davies, the following changes were also made:
- Replaced details of Elizabeth John, spouse of Rees (a) Powell with corrected details from Ron's gedcom file
- Added William (1766 - 1844), son of Rees (a) Powell, together with spouse Elizabeth Savours and 8 children, including Catherine Powell (1799 - 1836) - linked as spouse of David Emmanuel Marendaz (1799-1867)
- Added family of William Powell (1814-1887) - spouse Jane Cuthbertson and 8 children
- Added details from MI #297 St Mary's Nolton, Bridgend, provided by Ron Davies. Concerns family of Edward Loveluck (1817 - 1862), spouse and two children Margaret and Jennet Izod
- Added enough of the descendants of Rees (d) Powell to illustrate the connection between between the Lovelucks and Ron Davies' family
- Added the second marriage of Robert Lougher Morgan to Margaret Jones (who was previously marr to Griffith David )
Information on earlier changes which were made when the Loveluck Web pages were on the Numericable Web server.