Hints on Use
(cliquer ici pour la version française)
Some links open a new browser window or tab
Walk Track (Trace de la balade)
GPS track on IGN map (map, relief ou satellite) or Open Street Maps (landscape, cycle, outdoors), selected using the "layers" icon top right.
Buttons and display at the bottom of the page:
- Buttons to hide/show the walk profile, statistics, start/end points
- The "Photos" button opens a tab with photos from the walk
- The button "UTM Grid" displays/hides a UTM grid (only works above a certain zoom level)
- The button "KML Photos" (not always present) displays camera icons along the track; click on the icons to display a photo taken at the position; click on the small photo to display an enlarged image
- The coordinates and altitude (on click) of the mouse point are also displayed in small boxes at the bottom of the page.
Click on the track for details concerning the track.
Walk Profile and satistics (Profile et statistiques de la balade)
Distance, max and min altitudes, accumulated climb; time of start and end of walk.
There are often significant differences between alttitudes, and changes of altitude, as measured by a GPS and as calculated by cartography software. The latter is more accurate, since the GPS system does not have a high degeree of precision for the vertical axis.
These files can be downloaded either to a GPS device or for display in cartography software
These can be opened with the Google Earth applicaiton, to provide a 3D image of the track and landscape.